Hotel Amenities That Increase Revenue
People are constantly on the move, and competition among hotels for their patronage is fierce. Whether individuals are traveling for business or pleasure, certain basic amenities are required for repeat business. Other features are for the more discerning visitor who is looking for high-tech gadgets, energy-efficiency or a unique experience. Hoteliers who want to increase their reservations need to stay abreast of the latest trends.
Necessities for booking more rooms
- Travelers prefer hotels with a restaurant, complimentary breakfast and coffee service in the lobby. Many visitors arrive tired and hungry, and they don’t want to go out to search for refreshment after they check-in. Likewise, they may be rushing in the morning to catch a flight, attend a meeting or to get on the road and continue their trip. Breakfast and coffee are a welcome feature.
- A pool and a fitness room help many weary visitors unwind after a long day of business meetings or sightseeing. Swimming is also a great way for the younger ones to burn off excess energy and get a good night’s sleep in a strange environment.
- International travelers are often on a different internal clock than the locals and may require services in the middle of the night. In addition, emergencies can arise at any time of the day or night. For these reasons, a 24-hour front desk is a necessity.
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi is mandatory. Everyone from great-grandparents to preschoolers wants to stay connected.
- Not so long ago, people asked to reserve a smoke-free room. Now, increasing numbers require a smoke-free hotel. Business people are accustomed to smoke-free offices and demand the same conditions in their lodgings.
- Pets are members of the family too, and pet-friendly hotels have a devoted following. Free pet beds and treats are a nice touch, and dog-walking services allow the guests to spend the day at meetings or touring the city without worrying about their furry friends.
- First impressions are critical, and the lobby must look modern. Rooms have to be welcoming and clean. Dirty carpets, peeling wallpaper and poor service will quickly drive people away. In today’s world, guests can instantaneously post negative reviews on the Internet that have a disastrous effect on the business. Likewise, positive reviews attract guests and increase revenues.
High-Tech will be a good return on investment – ROI
- Surround Sound, 3D TVs and game consoles keep the millennials entertained while they relax in their room. Some hotels also offer virtual golf courses and bowling alleys in selected suites.
- Guests like to travel light and appreciate a hotel that offers a computer and printer in the room.
- Customizable light and climate controls are a welcome addition to any room. Dimming a light can quickly take a mood from casual to romantic and that’s usually a nice addition to any stay.
- Some hotels present arriving guests with an iPad to use during their stay. This device allows the tech-savvy visitor to easily control the room’s environment, read a complimentary newspaper, make dinner reservations and surf the web.
- For guests who want to watch TV while they brush their teeth or shave, some facilities have bathroom mirrors that include an integrated flat screen with heaters to prevent the glass from fogging.
Go Green it’s a good way to have more revenues
- Electric automobiles are experiencing an increasing presence in the fleets of rental cars, and many individuals use trips as an opportunity to try out these unfamiliar models. Consequently, hotels that are equipped with charging stations attract business while providing a valuable service to these guests.
- Growing numbers of hotels offer free bicycles to visitors who wish to tour the surrounding area in an eco-friendly style.
- Energy-conscious travelers seek out hotels that are interested in using natural resources in a thoughtful and productive manner. Many conservationists patronize establishments that use solar panels and wind turbines to power their operations.
Remarkable Amenities will boast your reservations
- For some guests, the ultimate luxury is having a butler available to draw a bath, iron clothes or show them how to use a new electronic device.
- Some upscale hotels provide fast, expensive cars to preferred customers. Available models may include Lamborghinis, Porsches and Ferraris.
- Individuals who want to cover more territory in a shorter amount of time choose hotels with helicopter service. Some establishments may even offer private jets for those travelers who anticipate longer regional flights during their stay. For those visitors who can afford it, private flights are a wonderful way to become familiar with an area within a short period of time.