Best Hotel Management Companies to Work for in 2012
If it has always been a dream of yours to one day open a hotel of your own, you should know the business inside and out before making a major investment in your dream. One of the best ways to get the knowledge and experience needed to succeed in such a venture is to go to work for a hotel management company.
You should not just choose any hotel management company to train and teach you. You need to stick with one of the best like the Hotel Managers Group (HMG). With literally hundreds of such companies out there, how can you be sure you can find the one that can help you the most?
For starters, you can learn a lot about a company by seeing how long they have been in business. For example, the Hotel Managers Group has been satisfying clients for more than 27 years. While longevity is one thing, performance is even more indicative of the excellence of an organization. Look at the portfolio of properties managed. If possible, get some input from the GM or owner of one or several of those properties under active management. Put yourself in the position of a boss interviewing job applicants. Let them sell you, don’t beg for help.
If you want the ultimate test of a hotel management company, pick out one of the properties managed by the company and check in as a guest. It will not take you more than a night or two of undercover work to evaluate the operation. A first-hand check of the rooms and public facilities and how well the staff is meeting the needs of their guests is the best way to determine if the property is being run properly.
Of course you should go through the selection process, but, if you want to avoid all the extra work, you will not go wrong by picking HMG. The principles and policies that make HMG excel permeate the entire organization. If you become an employee with this hotel management company you will learn skills, understand finance and key industry statistics and develop good habits that will last a lifetime.
10 Things you can Learn from a Good Hospitality Management Firms
1. Learn everything from sanitary regulations, water management to ADA Compliance.
2. Learn how to gather data, turn it in to easy-to-understand reports and then, use those reports to measure results and identify areas that might need to be improved.to ADA Compliance.
3. Learn how to create an effective marketing strategy that will bring in more guests raise the occupancy rate and allow you to charge higher room rates.
4. Incorporate social media and the latest technology along with more traditional advertising to maximize your reach on a limited budget.
5. Understand the difference between ADR, RevPAR, occupancy rates and all of the other key statistics that are crucial tools for measuring performance and planning for the future of a hotel.
6. See how trade shows and conferences can help you keep up with the latest developments and trends in the industry. At the same time, take the opportunity to network and build relationships with vendors and other important contacts.
7. Improvising: What can you do when you overbook a hotel? Even if it winds up costing you a few dollars, you will benefit by having a customer that will probably return in the future. You could upgrade guests that have been overbooked by upgrading them to a suite or better room, sending them to a nearby property with which you have a relationship with or send them for a complimentary dinner until their room is ready.
8. Encouragement: Be creative and look for better ways to get goals accomplished. You do not always need a large amount of money to improve the guest experience or attract paying customers to your hotel.
9. Push yourself every day so you can be the best you can be. Be proud and make others proud to be a part of your team.
10. See how you can leverage one property and develop others. Build a strong foundation before attempting to expand too quickly.
Hotel Managers Group is a well-respected organization based in San Diego. They have been in business for more than a quarter century. With most of their business concentrated in the western part of the United States, HMG is growing rapidly. Plans for expansion to other parts of the country are well under way.
Articles/Photos/Graphics Copyright ©2012 Hotel Managers Group – All Rights Reserved Worldwide.